The Isaacs Family

The Isaacs Family
THE ISAACS FAMILY

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

SURPRISE.....Im Pregnant!

Travis and I decided last January (2011) that we wanted to start trying for baby number 2. My son (Tyson) had just turned 3 and I thought that was the perfect age gap. After months and months of getting my hopes up I finally decided that God was telling us this was just not the right time. And I was completely fine with that! Come August Travis got the news we had patiently been waiting over a year for- that he was being medically retired from the Army. With our big transition back to civilian life, moving, finding a home, figuring out our new income, and the holidays right in the middle of it all, we decided to put "baby making" on hold! Our lives were just too hectic at the moment and we needed time to settle into our new lifestyle. We moved back to our hometown at the end of October, and found the perfect little house for us December 1. After the craziness of unpacking and finally finding a moment to sit down and breathe, I realized, hmmm I havent gotten my period yet. I figured, ohh it was just from all the recent stress. Plus it had been irregular for awhile now. So I put it behind me, and didnt mention anything to Travis about it. Afterall I wasnt going to get my hopes up like I had done in the past. A couple more weeks passed by and still no period. I hadnt really had any "pregnancy" symptoms, but I said, what the hell I'll take a test just to see. Christmas Eve morning I snuck into the bathroom before anyone else woke up......And SURPRISE, the test was completely positive! I was so overwhelmed at the moment. I thought over and over, is this for real? Can it be wrong?...and then I just smiled. I was SO happy! I knew it, I just knew that was going to happen....As soon as we stopped really trying, Id get pregnant. Isnt that how it always happens? haha. ~Well I didnt want to tell Travis right away. With it being Christmas I wanted to come up with a neat way to tell him and my family. So I tied a bow around the actual test and wrapped it up in a box for Travis to open :)  
Travis opening his present on Christmas Eve at my family's house. ~MERRY CHRISTMAS Hunny ;)

And here is the christmas card Tyson made for Meme (Travis' mom), telling his family the news on Christmas day :)  How cute!!


At the end of the day we are all very happy and  beyond excited! I guess God has a plan for everyone and he decided now was our time :) My first doctors appointment was last week. I am currently 7 1/2 weeks pregnant, and my due date is Aug. 18th! Stay tuned to read about all the updates I'll be posting along my pregnancy! ;)

6 comments:

  1. love<3 it I've always wanted to do one of these... I will deff be following you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww such great news! congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations again! I'm excited that you have a blog. Can't wait to join you on your journey.

    ReplyDelete