The Isaacs Family

The Isaacs Family
THE ISAACS FAMILY

Friday, January 6, 2012

WHY ME??

Some of you may find this post a little "TMI" but I really wanted to post it because it may help other women out there that are in my same shoes. AND all of those who know me well, know Im not a bit shy about this subject ;) Anywho....Those close to me (family & friends) know I have Irritable Bowel Syndrome. I was diagnosed when I was around 10 years old. For those of you who dont know what that is- its characterized by chronic abdominal pain, discomfort, bloating, alteration of bowel habits. Some people face diarrhea, and others have the opposite, constipation. Unfortunately I got the diarrhea part. Real bummer!

I had heard that being pregnant can make your IBS better. Which I believed because I never had a single problem with it during my first pregnancy. (Praise God!) BUT this time around, completely different story! ~ Im 8 weeks pregnant and hadnt really thought much of it. Ive noticed lately I have been "running" to the bathroom much more often than I have in a long time. And spending 30 minutes + in there, a few times a day, UGH. Horrible, I know! I figured, its just my body acting up from all the new pregnancy changes. Well, up until last night I knew that wasnt the case. I spent the majority of my "sleeping hours" through the night, up crying from the absolute WORST stomach attack I have had in years!!!!!!! I thought something terrible was happening! I kept thinking, OMG is the baby ok? Seriously wth was going on??? BUT no bleeding! So thats when I knew it wasnt the baby. I got up today and did some research online about IBS in pregnant women. BINGO! Found this webpage with hundreds of stories from women going through the exact same thing as me. Phew! All of them stating that their IBS got worse for them when they were pregnant. Not that its a good thing, but glad to know its not something else going wrong with me. And the downfall.....there is NOTHING they can do for it since Im pregnant  :(  SO I have to suck up these horrible, and I mean HORRIBLE constant stomach pains/attacks, and deal with the diarrhea after EVERY meal. Not even kiddng you. Eating something as little as a PB&J sandwich sends me rushing to the toilet these days. I already dont have much of an appetite, and now I feel like this growing baby inside me is not getting all the proper things he/she needs. WHY ME??? I will definitely be bringing this up with my OB at my next appointment. Please cross your fingers that this will get better! I wouldnt wish this on anyone :(

No comments:

Post a Comment